Friday, May 25, 2012

Diablows my mind

So, I'm about a week into my diablo life. I'm something of an altoholic, usually struggling to stick to one toon because I lust after awesomeness that is other classes abilities. I started as a barbarian, mostly playing with friends. Heroic leap and whirlwind are the greatest combination of abilities I've ever encountered. I spend my time on the barb giggling like a little girl, whirlwinding around dealing the damages. When I was playing in a group with my buddy's monk, everything was copacetic, and we easily cleared normal and nightmare modes with minimum fuss.

After finishing nightmare, I had to stop playing with my friends due to the arrival of my mother-in-law. I don't game when company is in town, cause that is fairly rude, so gaming happens in small bursts late at night.

Hell mode was an awakening for me. I was having to pot for trash packs. I encountered my first yellow named mob, and he politely informed me that I needed better gear if I wanted to solo in hell mode. I wouldn't even get him to 90% health before he would smash my face in. It was ridiculous. Now, I understand that diablo type games are all about grinding for loot. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is that if I only have a little bit if game time, I don't want it to be frustrating. Sans guests at my house, I would happily grind my barb so I could advance. Alas, minor gaming means I want more kills and less wipes. Bring out your monks!!!!!

Monk has amazing heals, and some pretty cool abilities, but not like the barb. I'm almost done with nightmare mode with him, then I can finally start hooking my barb up with some pimptastic gear. The monk has been fun, almost no deaths, just slow and steady progress throughout the game. I'm thinking that he'll be fine in hell mode, and soon we shall find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment